Incandescent Skin & Waxing Studio
Waxing Before & Aftercare
Climate changes affect our weather and therefore our skin. You may find yourself struggling with acne, clogged pores and rashes, for example, unless you develop a well-rounded home skincare regime.
- Please follow these waxing tips to minimize irritation and possible discomfort:
- Moisturize your skin daily before and after your waxing treatment as the follicles are open and prone to infection.
Avoid sun/solarium exposure for 48 hrs before and after being waxed.
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, spas and other heated sources for at least 48 hours.
- Hot baths, hot showers is discouraged directly after a wax.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools or the beach for 24 hours after waxing treatment
- Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours after waxing.
- Avoid the use of exfoliating products for at least 72 hours after waxing as they might irritate your skin.
- Use a loofah 2-3 times a week in the shower with tea-tree skin wash or a baking soda and water paste. The best time to start is 72-hours after your wax. After use, rinse thoroughly and remove all soap and leave to dry naturally in a well ventilated place.
- Avoid using natural loofah’s as bacteria thrives in natural fibers.
- Avoid applying deodorant for the first 24 hours after waxing treatment.
- Avoid applying make-up directly after facial wax.
- Avoid tight clothing after waxing, especially in the waxed areas.
- Tight clothing may result in irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Don’t shave between waxing. This distorts the hair growth cycle.
- Don’t pick at ingrown hairs, it may cause scarring, infection and look unappealing. Come in and we will remove them professionally and hygienically.
- Apply cold compress or anti-histamine cream to reduce redness, hiving or irritation.
- It is recommended your waxing treatments are scheduled between 3-4 weeks; however, this varies for everyone. We will discuss the duration required between your waxing treatments to maintain silky smooth skin.